Ipedo's XML Database (XMLDB) is a high-performance, enterprise-class, standards-based, embeddable XML database. It provides a configurable, searchable repository for structured, unstructured, and semi-structured information. Proven in implementations with terabytes of data, millions of documents, and over 50,000 users, Ipedo's XMLDB is the perfect foundation for building your OEM or ASP application that needs to rapidly store, manage, and retrieve XML data.
Ipedo's 100% Java J2EE solution allows you not only to save money on development, QA, and maintenance, but also to allow seamless integration into one, single, transparent build, and simple deployment across multiple platforms and J2EE Application Servers. Its small footprint and efficient design make it the ideal platform for embedding into packaged or hosted applications.
The Ipedo XMLDB provides unified management of diverse information sources through a unique fusion of XML standards and database technology. Designed to work with existing systems, the Ipedo XMLDB automatically organizes and validates information, assuring orderly and accurate access. Sophisticated indexing and query allow structure to be added to collections of information, adding additional intelligence, as well as more detailed searches to be performed. Customized content can be created through its integrated style engine.
- Speed the time to develop database - driven applications
- Reduce the cost of software development, quality assurance and maintenance
- Focus your scarce technical resources on your area of expertise
- Decrease the risk of cost overruns and schedule slippage
- Centralize availability of information - meaningful relationships between information are captured as boundaries between information systems go away using the unifying standard of XML.
- Pinpoint accuracy - pinpoint access and on-the-fly assembly of the most relevant information is enabled through the additional structure and relationships captured by XML.
- Ensure consistency and validity - information integrity is maintained as information is standardized and validated against business rules.
- Flexibility - a dynamic information model is created that can grow and expand over time as business rules and needs change.
24x7 Operational Capability
Ipedo is designed to keep your application running in harsh production environments. It includes full and incremental backups, replication, and point-in-time recovery.
Ipedo offers flexibility for you to build and deploy your application the way you want. Ipedo includes Java, .NET, and SOAP APIs. It runs on any platform that supports a JVM. You can run Ipedo's XML database on any J2EE application server.
Indexing down to the XML node level speeds information retrieval. Information is indexed at a highly granular level and indexes are automatically regenerated to insure consistent search performance and quality.
Advanced, configurable memory management keeps most often used information in memory for quick, efficient access. Configurable, automated invalidation refreshes queries based on user-defined criteria.
XML Schema Manager
Manages the schemas for document collections. Supports schema evolution - maps: documents into new schemas when changes are made. Validates XML according to business rules.
Native XML Storage
Hierarchical storage engine highly optimized for XML information provides both document-level as well as node-level access to XML.
Efficiently search information to harness real intelligence across any arbitrary information set using powerful query tools built on open standards. Information is indexed at a highly granular level and indexes are automatically regenerated to insure consistent search performance and quality.
Archiving and Versioning
Information can not only be located, it can also be annotated, modified, and refined through a powerful granular update engine. Modifications to information are tracked using the built-in versioning system providing a change history needed for many regulatory applications.
- Rapid search speeds
- User and Group Level Hierarchical Access Control List
- Integration with external LDAP directories
- JAAS-compliant encryption algorithm flexibility for 2-way secure authentication (from client, as well as server)
- 50,000+ users
- Millions of documents
- Terabyte+ database size
- Supports clustering and load balancing
- Replication of databases over multiple machines
Remote Management and Headless Operation
- Structured, semi-structured, or unstructured content
- Transaction processing (two-phase commit and rollback)
- Cost-based query engine
- Perform all administrative tasks through APIs
- Java, .NET, and SOAP APIs
- Built-in scripting language for all database operations
- XML Schema
- 100% Java runs on multiple platforms
- J2EE runs on multiple application servers